PTL Driver Orientation
We think of orientation as a “welcome to the family” and to the best driving experience you’ll find anywhere. Orientation is all about keeping everyone safe on the road and ensuring you get the most out of driving with PTL. We hope you enjoy your visit.
What to Expect at Orientation
- We provide transportation to Murray, KY to attend orientation.
- We will reimburse you for fuel if you drive your personal vehicle to Murray.
- Lodging will be in our privately-owned motel, The Paschall Lodge.
- Continental breakfast, hot lunch and buffet style dinner from the Sirloin Stockade provided during orientation.
- DOT required drug test.
- Training on PTL company policies and benefits.
- Basic skills assessment (over-the-road and backing skills).
- Friendly staff with over 75 years of experience to help with your transition to PTL. They will also provide ongoing support upon completion of orientation.
- Open door policy for our drivers.
Our truck drivers own it. And you can too
PTL is a 100% employee-owned company. You earn ownership in the company with every mile. In just 5 years, you’ll be a fully vested owner. So, you can be sure that you’ll have not just the miles, top pay and equipment you want—but a little something down the road for retirement, too. You can’t find that in many companies today.
What to Bring to Orientation
- Hard copy of CDL, social security card and Medical Certificate card (also bring the long form of the physical if you have it).
- Bring any driving school certificates received within the last 3 years.
- Be prepared to complete your work history completely with all jobs within the last 3 years (This is required by DOT).
- Bring W-2, payroll records, log sheets or any other forms to verify any previous employer that has gone out of business.
- Bring DD214 to verify any military service within the past 3 years.
- Tax or Professional references to verify self employment.
- Bring a voided check with you if you want direct deposit.
- Bring a list of beneficiary information to complete the PTL benefits package information (this includes health, life, 401(k) program).
- Bring all loan information if you’re seeking tuition reimbursement.
- If you’re coming in as a trainee, bring enough clothes and supplies for 3-4 weeks away from home. Be sure to pack clothes for all types of weather.
- Bring closed-toed shoes and pants.
We only drive the latest equipment.
Our fleet averages 1½ years or newer.
PTL Training Center Location
We House You and Train You
Murray, KY 42071
Fax: 270 -753 - 1290
Contact: Bob Walker